Regardless of the final decision, which rests with the National Cybersecurity Council, the following minimum conditions and requirements are established to become a member of the National Cybersecurity Forum. In order to become a member of this Forum, it is essential to meet at least one of the following criteria:
Criteria of the participants:
- Presidents or representatives of information exchange forums on the cyber threat, whose members have a CERT or SOC, being represented those organizations with the capacity to act on a cyber incident that may have an impact on an essential sector of society.
- Entities, associations or foundations from the academic world that propose initiatives to the National Cybersecurity Council, from the perspective of the private sector, for the enhancement and creation of public-private synergies in the field of Cybersecurity or Cyberdefence, and that carry out analyses and studies of certain proposals, their own or entrusted, that allow them to support the decision-making of the National Cybersecurity Council.
- Professional associations that contribute to the assessment and analysis of cybersecurity risks and threats, together with the proposal of mitigation and response actions, and that also have the capacity to represent broad and significant sectors for cybersecurity.
- Institutes and Think Tanks that support the carrying out and evaluation of crisis management exercises in the field of Cybersecurity and Cyber Defence and promote the proactive carrying out of studies and reports on new and emerging technologies and analyse their impact on national cybersecurity, while at the same time acting reactively at the request of the National Cybersecurity Council.
- Research and Excellence Centres that contribute to the identification of the needs of industry and research centres related to cybersecurity.
- Councils and Committees that channel and formulate proposals on the regulatory and normative framework with an impact on cybersecurity, also considering other related disciplines that should be harmonized among themselves.
- Organizations or entities that promote the national culture of cybersecurity and have distinctive and valuable knowledge for cybersecurity, with a recognized scope in the field of the dissemination of this culture, which also has the endorsement of a representative of the permanent committee, and that promotes events and recognizes institutionally, through the delivery of awards of recognized prestige, the work of other organizations or entities, cybersecurity professionals and initiatives of value in this area.
Similarly, a series of criteria have been established that individuals representing the participating organisations must meet in order to be able to participate in the activities and meetings convened by the National Cybersecurity Forum:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Have full legal capacity.
- Be Spanish or have acquired Spanish nationality.
In addition, it will be valued:
- Professional performance related to Cybersecurity.
- Studies and certifications related to Cybersecurity.
- Have a valid Personal Security Clearance (HPS).
FORUM OF FORUMS
The following Forums may be represented:
- President/representative of the CSIRT.es network.
- President/representative of the Certification Council of the National Security Scheme (CoCENS).
- President/representative of the e-Government Sectorial Commission (CSAE).
- President/representative of the National Network of Excellence in Cybersecurity Research (RENIC).
- President/representative of the Financial Innovation Committee (CTIF) (Financial sector).
- Cross-sector representative of the Cybersecurity Coordination Board (RSI of the Essential Services Operators as established in RD-law 12/2018).
- Representative of other Sectoral Forums.
A representative of the sector to be determined may also form part of the Forum, whose presence is so agreed by the Chairman of the Forum, depending on the matters to be dealt with.
Other representatives of the network of national experts, of the Autonomous Communities, of the Cities with Statute of Autonomy and of the local entities may also be summoned depending on the nature of the matters to be dealt with on the agenda. Likewise, those persons may be summoned in their capacity as experts whose contribution is considered relevant.